Thursday, June 30, 2011


THE 17th GOLDEN MOON AWARDS CEREMONY

THE LOCATION

The Golden Moon Awards travel again to Europe for their 17th Ceremony. The location chosen this time is the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria.

The Royal Opera House is the place where CMP’s stars met to celebrate the most glamorous party in movie industry. It’s a night for suspense, thrill, elegance… and awards!


THE RED CARPET

Lot of familiar faces were seen at the red carpet where hundreds of fans and media from all over the world were waiting for them.

Here we have some pics of the stars arriving at the ceremony. Susan Sarandon and her daughter Eva Amurri, who made her CMP’s debut this Season with ‘A View From he Bridge’. Another CMP’s debutante: Jackie Earle Haley, from ‘Board Breaker’. From the upcoming new CMP’s movie ‘First Flight’, Chris Evans. Kelly Brook, who will be seen soon in ‘Uncharted 2: Among Thieves’. And Tom Hardy, seen this Season in ‘Grand Theft Auto’.


THE CEREMONY

(Italics = Off-Voice)

The Gala begins with a videoclip shown on a giant screen mixing images from the 30 movies released this Season. The clip ends up with an image of Seth Rogen in ‘Mario’ shouting ‘Let’s Party!’

As the lights turn on, the off-voice announces:

Ladies and Gentlemen, GMA Winner Dakota Fanning!

Dakota Fanning comes out to the stage.

D.F.: Welcome everyone to the 17th Edition of the Golden Moon Awards. This is going to be a very thrilling night… specially if your name is Ralph Fiennes *laughs*. Tonight may be a night to break records. And one record has been already broken: Will Smith was ignored both as Best Actor and Best Director nominee for ‘Alabama’. A record of unfairness… *laughs and big applause* We love you, Will! *Will Smith waves from his seat* Anyway, we’ll see how many of those amazing 10 nominations got by ‘Eye Of The Needle’ finally turn into statues. And we will also see if somebody finally makes an original acceptance speech… *laughs* I wasn’t in any of the movies nominees tonight. But I was in ‘Dragonlance’ and all I can say about it is… Come on, Richard Franzwa, we want you to stay at CMP! *big applause* And now…

Voice of Will Ferrell:… and now, talking about unfairness…

D.F.: Oh, no… They promised me this wasn’t going to happen…

(We can see on our TV Screens how Will Ferrell steps out to the stage transformed into a peculiar Bowser)


W.F.: I can’t believe nobody remembered me for Best Villain! ‘Mario’ made 160 millions! And I played a terrifying Bowser!

D.F.: You didn’t look as pathetic as this in the movie…

W.F.: I know, I know… The movie had a higher budget than this Gala. This was the best the guys from the CGI Department could do with the money they had… Still, this is better than the last time, two Seasons ago, when I showed up as a garden dwarf…

D.F.: *skeptical* Yeah, much better…

W.F.: You know how this goes: if Mr. Daniel Day-Lewis is presenting the ceremony, he can dress an elegant suit. But if it is good old Will Ferrell the one presenting, he has to show up with the silliest costume…

D.F.: *with a bored tone* Life’s full of unfairness, Will…

W.F.: Anyway, I just came here to say that you, voters, not only ignored ‘Mario’ but also all the rest of the blockbusters of the Season… ‘Justice League’, ‘Mouse Guard 2’, ‘The Undercovers’… were not good enough for you? Why? *mocking* Because there were not British talents in them? *with an exaggerated sneer* No Winslet, no Fiennes, no Firth… Oh, please… Not to mention we are here in Vienna and ‘The Paper Man’ only got two nominations… That’s embarrassing… We should have gone to Alabama… *laughs*

D.F.: Hey, I am happy to be here in Vienna!

W.F.: You are not that happy. And you know why? Because you have grown up too much and now it is Chloe Moretz instead of you the one who is starring ‘The Goonies II’. You know what they say… Mature actresses always have it hard at the industry, ah, Dakota?

D.F.: *Laughs* Ouch… That’s a low blow, Will… Well, ladies and gentlemen, enjoy the show and make your bets cause we begin now the 17th Golden Moon Awards Ceremony!

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

Please welcome the star from this Season’s blockbuster ‘Escape From Hell’ and the star from the upcoming CMP’s production ‘Uncharted 2: Among Thieves’, Milla Jovovich and Gerard Butler!


M.J.: Well, good night everybody… It is my pleasure to be here tonight!

G.B.: The first award of the night rewards an essential element of any movie: production design. Without a brilliant production design work, nobody would have believed Milla was a lost soul in Hell and nobody would believe the great adventures I will go through at the Himalaya in my upcoming new movie.

M.J.: Right, Gerard. A good production design work can make the difference between failure and success in a movie.

G.B.: Nominees tonight for their astonishing production design are…

GRAND THEFT AUTO
JASON VS LEATHERFACE
MIDNIGHT

And the first Golden Moon Award of the night goes to…

GRAND THEFT AUTO

Newton Rowen, producer of the movie, takes the statue and says: ‘We are already working in the sequel of ‘Grand Theft Auto’ so all I can promise you is that we will keep up the good work! Thank you!’

MOST WANTED SEQUEL

He has been living among dragons for some time while she has made a more than impressive debut in CMP this Season. From ‘Dragonlance: Dragons Of Spring Dawning’, Brendan Fraser! And from ‘The Question’, Christina Hendricks!


B.F.: So tell me, Christina, how does it feel to be in the first superhero movie ever nominated for the Best Picture GMA?

C.H.: You know, tonight I feel almost as good as if I was Ralph Fiennes himself… *laughs*

B.F.: Sequels are what make CMP go round. It is not easy to make a movie good enough to make audiences want to watch a sequel of it.

C.H.: Right. But I am sure that everybody would love to watch a sequel of the three nominees tonight. And they are…

HUNGER GAMES
JASON VS LEATHERFACE
THE QUESTION

And the Golden Moon goes to… oh, yeah!....

THE QUESTION

Jack Sullivan, Executive Producer of the movie, steps up to the stage, kisses a very excited Christina Hendricks and says: ‘You want it, you got it. We will be back with a new adventure of The Question soon!’

BEST ADAPTATION

She is a regular in CMP’s movies while we had not seen him around for quite some time. Ladies and Gentlemen, after working in two of the biggest blockbusters of the Season, ‘Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths’ and ‘Mouse Guard 2’, here is Cobie Smulders! And from ‘Heavy Rain’, GMA Nominee David Duchovny!


C.S.: There are a lot of great people nominee tonight… But, hey, I miss my beloved mice here! Come on, we will finally make it with ‘Mouse Guard 3’! *laughs and applause*

D.D.: Yeah, Cobie, life is unfair not only with Will Smith but also with mice… *laughs*

C.S.: Anyway, besides ‘Mouse Guard 2’, there were other very good adaptations this Season that very much deserved their nominations.

D.D.: And they are…

EYE OF THE NEEDLE
HEAVY RAIN
KITE

And we have a winner…

HEAVY RAIN

Patrick Daniels, Executive producer of the film, takes the statue: ‘The wonderful work of Peter Jackson, Steve Connors, you David and the rest of the team has made this possible. This is for you, guys!’

BEST ORIGINAL CONCEPT

We heard his voice in ‘F-Zero AX’ and we saw him in ‘The Question’. She was the mother of a most peculiar family in ‘Family Reunion’. And they are here tonight: Helen Mirren and GMA Nominee John Malkovich!


J.M.: Helen, I still remember the wonderful time we had working together in ‘RED’…

H.M.: Shhhh…. John, do not remember people out there that there are also movies that are not produced by CMP… Harry Stark might get mad at you…

J.M.: Oops… You are right. It has taken me 17 Editions to be invited to this ceremony and I don’t want it to be the last time too…

H.M.: We better concentrate on our job here tonight. Nominees for the Best Movie Based On An Original Concept are…

ALABAMA
AMERICAN WAY
ESCAPE FROM HELL

And the Golden Moon goes to…

ESCAPE FROM HELL

Isaiah Colby, Executive Producer of the movie, takes the award and says: ‘Josh Collins had this wonderful idea of placing the adventure in Hell and Sam Raimi turned that idea into most impressive images so this award is a recognition to the amazing work you two made, Josh and Sam. It was a pleasure working with you!’

Before we go on with the awards, let’s stop for a moment to dance and sing. First live music performance of the night: Jennifer Lopez sings ‘On The Floor’!


BEST CAST

To present the Best Cast award, please welcome two young and rising stars in CMP. From ‘Lemieux’, a CMP’s icon and GMA Winner, Abigail Breslin! And together with her, the CMP’s debutante from ‘Hunger Games’, Hunter Parrish!


H.P.: Wow, it’s such a thrill to be part of the big CMP’s family!

A.B.: I know, Hunter. I have grown up in this family…

H.P.: I’ll be happy enough if I can make at least half of the CMP’s movies you’ve made, Abbie.

A.B.: You sure will. And now let’s go with the movies that reunited the most appealing casts for the audience this Season. Best Cast nominees are…

ALABAMA
AMERICAN WAY
EYE OF THE NEEDLE

And the winner is…

ALABAMA

Chester Fresno, Producer of the movie, was the one to take the award: ‘Here is our first award of the night for ‘Alabama’! Mr. Will Smith… I hope you make it too for Best Actor… Ooops, they forgot to nominate you… Well, then you’ll make it for Best Director… Oooops, they forgot to nominate you for Best Director too… Damn! What were this voters thinking of? *big laughs and applause* Will, you are my winner!’

BEST STARRING COUPLE

They will be seen next Season in two very much awaited new movies. He will star next Season Ben Tyler’s ‘The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway’ while she will be seen in JJ Abrams’ ‘First Flight’: Zoe Saldana and GMA Winner James Franco!


J.F.: Mr. Fiennes, I don’t want to scare you… But past Season I also got three nominations. And I finally didn’t win any award.

Z.S.: Oh, come on, James, poor Ralph… Don’t do that to him…

J.F.: *Laughs* Yeah, I know, I am being cruel… But suspense is so much fun… unless you don’t win any award at the end…

Z.S.: Stop it, James! Let’s honor the three great starring couples we have here tonight. Nominees for their great work as starring couples this Season are…

CAMERON BRIGHT & JOSH HUTCHERSON – Restraint
RALPH FIENNES & KATE WINSLET – Eye Of The Needle
WILL SMITH & NATALIE PORTMAN – Alabama


And the winners are…

RALPH FIENNES & KATE WINSLET
EYE OF THE NEEDLE

The two winners step up at the stage. Fiennes and Franco fake a fight and laugh. Then, Fiennes say: ‘Suspense is over. At least I’ll take one statue home… Thank you every one. I’m overwhelmed by so much support.’ And Kate Winslet says: ‘Thank you, James Bradley, for trusting me again to be in one of your movies. It was again such a wonderful challenge and experience.’

BEST VILLAIN

This Season he proved his acting versatility playing two very different characters in ‘A View From The Bridge’ and ‘Death Cruise’. Please welcome the two times GMA Nominee, Steve Buscemi!


S.B.: I wonder why all the guys come out here accompanied by a beautiful woman and I had to come by myself… Yeah, life is unfair… And not only with Will Smith… *laughs* Well, I am here to reward somebody for being a very bad guy. And the three nominees for playing mean characters this Season are…

COLIN FARRELL – Midnight
RALPH FIENNES – Eye Of The Needle
RAY WINSTONE – The Question


And we have a winner…

RALPH FIENNES
EYE OF THE NEEDLE

Fiennes returns to the stage: ‘Thank you. I have definitely been saved from all the jokes I would have suffered if things would have gone wrong tonight… My character in ‘Eye Of The Needle’ was one of those characters every actor would love to play. I want to thank James Bradley for making me the wonderful present of offering me the chance to play it. Thank you very much.’

BEST SCREENPLAY

She has starred one of the big blockbusters of this Season while he will star what probably will be one of the big blockbusters of next Season: from ‘The Undercovers’, Renée Zellwegger! And from ‘First Flight’, Mathew Fox!


M.F.: I only hope that ‘First Flight’ makes it at box office at least as well as ‘The Undercovers’ did. Congratulations, Renée.

R.Z.: Thanks, Mathew. It sure will. And then it won’t get any GMA nod, like it happens with all CMP’s blockbusters…

M.F.: The successful story of this Studio has been mainly written by its authors. CMP’s screenwriters are probably the most creative and talented bunch of people any Studio ever had working for it.

R.Z.: Yes, Season after Season, they show their inexhaustible imagination surprising the world with all kind of stories. This Season, the three screenwriters nominees are…

CHAD TAYLOR – Alabama
JAMES BRADLEY – Eye Of The Needle
JOEY STARK - The Paper Man

And the Best Screenplay award goes to…

JAMES BRADLEY
EYE OF THE NEEDLE

James Bradley kisses Kate Winslet and hugs Ralph Fiennes before stepping up to the stage. ‘Thank you very much. It is always such a honor to be here. I specially want to congratulate Chad Taylor and Joey Stark for their wonderful work. It feels great being a colleague of such brilliant writers’, he says.

FULL MOON AWARD

To present this second Edition of the Full Moon Award for a Special Achievement, we have with us the two times GMA Winner, Keira Knightley!


K.K.: I have had a wonderful career in CMP. And I mostly owe it to the two gentlemen that we’ll get the Full Moon Award tonight. I would be nothing in CMP without their support. In fact, the whole history of CMP cannot be understood without their contribution. One of the identifying marks of CMP is their acclaimed and successful movie sagas. And they have been behind some of the most successful ones: ‘Uncommon Valour’, ‘Hitman’, ‘New World’, ‘Robotech’ or the Balde Runner’s sequels were made possible thanks to their talent. And, together with that, their names lead the creative team of many other successful CMP’s films either as directors, producers or both. I have been fortunate to be part of many of those movies.

Tonight, CMP wants to acknowledge the enormous contribution that has always been to build up the prestige of the Studio during all these years the work of these two gifted moviemakers. The winners of this Edition’s Full Moon Award are…

RIDLEY AND TONY SCOTT

The Scott Brothers step up to the stage to take the special award. Ridley says: ‘We have always felt free and supported by CMP when working for the Studio. And that is what every moviemaker wishes the most when making a movie. So expect us to be back at CMP soon. Thank you!’ And Tony says: ‘I want to remember at this moment all the great CMP’s writers that have trusted us to turn their stories into images. And I have to make a special mention to the man I have worked more times with: my admired friend John Daws. Thank you!’

Time to take another rest. Or time to dance. Here is the second live performance of the night: The Black Eyed Peas and ‘Just Can’t Get Enough’!


BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Past Edition, they won the Best Supporting Actress and Best Supporting Actor awards. And they are back together tonight to present both categories: Carey Mulligan and Tom Hanks!


C.M.: This Season, we have three wonderful actresses proving that sometimes it is very much worthy accepting supporting roles.

T.H.: There isn’t a most delicious way of feeding the ego of an actor than stealing the show to the lead star playing a supporting role…

C.M.: I don’t know if they stole the show or not. But, without doubt, we will always remember the wonderful acting work these three ladies made.

T.H.: Nominees for the Best Supporting Actress award are…

KIRSTEN DUNST – Alabama
MARCIA GAY HARDEN – American Way
TONI COLLETTE – Heavy Rain



And the Golden Moon goes to…

TONI COLLETTE
HEAVY RAIN

Toni Collette steps out to the stage visibly excited: ‘Oh, this is such a great moment… A lot of people come to my mind now. But I want to specially mention Peter Jackson, director and producer of ‘Heavy Rain’. Also Steve Connors, writer of the movie. And of course all the amazing cast I had the honor to be part of. Congratulations, Kirsten and Marcia, you two are an inspiration for any actress!’

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

T.H.: When you watch the three nominees at this category, you just understand what acting is about.

C.M.: Yes. Some times is so hard to choose…

T.H.: Saying that all of them deserve the award is not only a cliché... But, Carey, we’ve only got one statue to give…

C.M.: Right. Nominees for Best Supporting Actor are…

CHRIS COOPER – American Way
COLIN FIRTH – Eye Of The Needle
GARY OLDMAN – The Importance Of Being Honest



And the one to take home the statue is…

COLIN FIRTH
EYE OF THE NEEDLE

Firth steps up to the stage and says: ‘Thank God. I would have felt so jealous if only Kate and Ralph had their statues… Working with people I admire so much like Ralph, Kate, Kenneth Branagh, John Hurt and Michael Caine was reward enough for me. But this award is such a great addition. Thank you so much.’

BEST ACTRESS

They were the winners of the Best Actress and Best Actor awards of past Season. And they are no others than Charlize Theron and Jim Sturgess!


J.S.: I remember past Edition sitting down there and waiting for the envelope to be open… Everybody said I had no chances to win. But it happened! So, ladies and gentlemen nominees, keep your faith cause anything can happen…

C.T.: Three suffering women were played by three wonderful actresses and they have been all nominated for such brilliant acting works…

J.S.: Yes, ladies, and your three characters proved one thing: marriage is not a bed of roses… *laughs*

C.T.: Nominees for the Best Actress GMA are…

JANUARY JONES – Woman
KATE WINSLET – Eye Of The Needle
NATALIE PORTMAN – Alabama



And the Golden Moon goes to…

JANUARY JONES
WOMAN


January Jones steps up to the stage with tears of emotion in her eyes: ‘This is unbelievable… Oh… Thank you very much… Thank you, Chad Taylor and Sofia Coppola. Thank you to all my cast mates. It was great working with all of you… This is your award too!’

BEST ACTOR

C.T.: And now let’s move to the guys. Hello, Will Smith… *Will Smith waves and laughs from his seat*

J.S.: I know Ralph Fiennes got three nominations tonight and all that. But I want to remark that everything he may know about acting was what I taught him when working together in ‘Assassin’s Creed II’ *Fiennes also waves and laughs from his seat*

C.T.: Nominees for the Best Actor GMA are…

JOHN TURTURRO – A View From The Bridge
RALPH FIENNES – Eye Of The Needle
RYAN GOSLING – The Question



And the winner is…

JOHN TURTURRO
A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE

John Turturro takes the award and says: ‘What can I say? I thought I had no chance to take this little golden man home… Phew! This is exciting! Ralph Fiennes and Ryan Gosling, I can only express my admiration for your talent. Thank you, D.R. Cobb, Stephen Frears and Francis Coppola. I love you, Marisa and Eva and everyone in the movie. You are all part of this beautiful moment’.

BEST DIRECTOR

She has succeeded this Season with the blockbuster ‘Daughters Of The Dragon 2’. And he has also had a great Season with ‘Grand Theft Auto’ and ‘Mouse Guard 2’ and he’ll be back soon with ‘The Sheriff, Saloon And The Storm’: Halle Berry and Al Pacino!


H.B.: Three very different styles of directional jobs are nominees tonight…

A.P.: But the three of them have one thing in common: they all made possible three great movies.

H.B.: Nominees for the Best Director award are…

JAMES BRADLEY – Eye Of The Needle
JOEY STARK – The Paper Man
PAUL GREENGRASS – Kite

And the winner is…

PAUL GREENGRASS
KITE

Paul Greengrass takes the statue and says: ‘I wanna thank Dawson Edwards for thinking of me to face the challenge of directing such a complex story like ‘Kite’. It is not easy to be taken seriously when you direct a story where so many heads are blown up… *laughs* I dedicate this award to all the crew from the movie and all the great talents in front and behind the cameras I had the chance to work with.’

BEST PICTURE

He has been one of the most active talents this Season. And one of the most succesful too. We saw him playing very different characters in ‘Food And Other Languages’, ‘Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths’ and ‘Eye Of The Needle’. He is Michael Caine!


M.C.: I know what it means when they invite you to present the Best Picture award. It means that somebody thinks that you are too old to win an award and they offer you this honor as a kind of consolation. Well, forget it, men, I will never surrender! *big laughs and applause* Some people think that Christian Bale or James Franco are the most demanded talents in CMP. Another mistake. I have worked in both the most successful and the most nominated movie of the Season. Compared to that, those Bale or Franco or whoever look just like amateurs to me… *laughs* Ok, and after this self publicity, let’s go with the award. Nominees for the Best Picture award of the Season are…

ALABAMA
EYE OF THE NEEDLE
THE QUESTION

And the Best Picture Winner of Season 17th is…

EYE OF THE NEEDLE

James Bradley returns to the stage and says: ‘I want to express my deepest gratitude for this award. ‘Eye Of The Needle’ is a movie I will never forget for many reasons. And one of them is this wonderful moment. Thank you very much!’

SEE YOU ALL AT THE 18th EDITION OF THE GOLDEN MOON AWARDS!

THE PRESS ROOM

Best Supporting Actress and Best Supporting Actor
Best Starring Couple and Best Villain
Best Actor and Best Actress

Best Director
THE HALL OF FAME